Emerging Artist Program
credit: Maria Boyadgis
Launch of the Emerging Artist Program
The Song Company’s new Emerging Artist Program will build new professional pathways for emerging vocal talent through understudying, potential performance opportunities, and one-on-one skill development and mentoring with the artists of The Song Company.
The program has two areas of focus:
- Emerging Artists: early career singers with demonstrated vocal training and experience in choral and/or ensemble singing
- Apprentices: classical voice students enrolled in university or equivalent courses or recent graduates with an interest in singing in vocal ensembles
This project is made possible by generous support from The Ian Potter Foundation.
To further information about this program, contact Executive Director Francis Greep
Opportunities for Singers
New in 2024, The Song Company is looking for early-career ensemble singers to join its Emerging Artist Program
Six Emerging Artists (SSATBarB) will be engaged as understudies for each of The Song Company’s major performance projects in 2024
Emerging Artists will be paid professional rates.
Flights, accommodation and per diems will be paid to artists from interstate
Emerging Artists must be available for the entire project period, as set out in the timetable. However, artists do not have to be available for each project to be considered for the program
- Other program opportunities are likely to arise during the year and dedicated Emerging Artist performances and collaborations will be added as the program develops
The Song Company is continuing its engagement with singers who are still studying but are looking to increase their ensemble performance skills
Apprentices will be invited to Sydney in April 2024 for an intensive week of one-voice-per-part ensemble singing, masterclasses and skills development with The Song Company and special guest artists
- Apprentice activities will be at no charge to participants. Flights, accommodation and per diems will also be paid to Apprentices from interstate
- Further details about how to apply for the Apprentice Program will be made in the new year